Monday, August 25, 2008

Inspiration

Admittedly, I have only read style blogs up until now. I love The Satorialist. Everyone he shoots for his blog is so creative and elegant. You see the spirit of the person, not just the outfit. I like to think that I strive for that kind of effortless coherence in my appearance, but I'm beginning to wonder if it takes a skilled, sensitive photographer to make a chic, but harried urbanite look relaxed and utterly at home in his or her skin. I can't really claim to be harried these days, being a college grad living at home in between jobs, but I think my real goal in life is to have my picture on The Satorialist.

Unfortunately, I would have to move to New York, London, Paris, Milan or Stockholm. I doubt he ever ventures out to the cities of the midwest. Moving to a big city sounds exciting, but impractical sans funds. Maybe someday . . .

I miss London. In my attempts to figure out blog formatting, it looks like this site is shaping up to be an I-miss-England shrine (see Blenheim Palace above, and holy shenanigans inside Hampton Court, left). I spent my junior year studying there and loved it. I don't exactly come from Podunk, U.S.A. (in my opinion, anyway), but returning home for my senior year required a difficult transition. I'm content to stay here with family and friends at the moment (and find work), but I'm far from done with the rest of the globe.

I'll probably post on something style-related in the next couple of days. A lot of my interest in clothes comes from old movies, or newer, period films. We'll see what kind of pictures I can come up with.

No comments: