Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hooray! An Idea! And a Post!


Inspired by so many romantic movies and books with a time-travel or time-cross motif (The Time Traveler's Wife, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Possession) and by the throw-away brilliance of South American radio serials celebrated in Mario Vargas Llosa's Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter, I'm working on serializing a story about a victorian couple who, due to a family legend, remains youthful and alive as long as they love each other. Before you throw up, I think it's going to focus as lot on the fashion and general zeitgeist of each decade of the 20th Century, beginning in the year 1900, going back and forth between England and America, finally culminating in Oxford, 2006. I'm probably going to rely pretty heavily on my own limited experience of both nations, my obsession with historical fiction, and not get too caught up in accuracy. I think this is going to be a fun way to exercise my writing skills and let my friends (or anyone!) read and comment on the story as it progresses. I will probably upload the first segment on Tuesday.

1 comment:

{Tara} said...

This actually sounds incredible -- I look forward to reading it soon!