Sunday, June 21, 2009

Best Laid Plans and the Greatest Eyebrows That Ever Lived




So even after writing about 30 pages worth of material for my serialized romance idea, I've let the whole thing drop while doing my usual working/looking for a better job/moping/going out for coffee/reading/walking the dog thing (on repeat for several months!). My friends were all really excited about the story but the first segment desperately needs proofreading and I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to "publish" something I've written, even on a blog.

Anyway, in case anyone is reading this, I haven't abandoned the idea. I've just put it on hold.

In the meantime, I'm wasting my life following the second season of True Blood on HBO and attempting to watch all of Gregory Peck's movies, minus Boys From Brazil, because he's very unsexy in that movie and sexiness is what inspired this project in the first place. So far I've watched Duel in the Sun, David O. Selznick's ridiculous attempt to top Gone with the Wind, and Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound, which is great for the Dali-inspired dream sequence and the love story between Ingrid Bergman's prim psychoanalysist and Peck's unbalanced asylum inmate.

No comments: